With the opening of the new terminal at Heathrow, the airport will be able handle almost 45% more passengers. This could not have come sooner, when air traffic, especially the long distance inter-continental ones, has increased greatly in the past few years and the pressure on this international hub was starting to show. Continue reading “New Terminal at Heathrow Airport (T5), London”
CONTINUED FROM PART 6
39) Food development from 1958 to 2008 – BioForum Walloon and BioForum Vlaanderen have teamed up to organize an organic picnic at the foot of the Atomium on 15th June. Changes in food habits and the resurgence of faith in organic Continue reading “Atomium – 50th Anniversary of Expo 58, Brussels, Belgium: Part 7”
CONTINUED FROM PART 5
33) Exploration du Monde – An exploration of Belgium in 1958 through a film co-produced by Belgavox, VRT and RTBF. It will be shown in various Walloon cities and Brussels. Continue reading “Atomium – 50th Anniversary of Expo 58, Brussels, Belgium: Part 6”
CONTINUED FROM PART 4
27) The Atomium 58-08 blog and live broadcast around the world – The Atomium website will have a special anniversary blog with vides, films, interviews etc. It will also have the live broadcast of the opening fireworks on April 17th at 10:15 pm.
28) Marble museum – A marble display cabinet with souvenirs of Continue reading “Atomium – 50th Anniversary of Expo 58, Brussels, Belgium: Part 5”
CONTINUED FROM PART 3
20) By bicycle from 1958 to today – Organized by a school located in the Expo 1958 pavilion Yugoslavia, students will take the route from the school at Wevelgem and the Atomium on April 22, 2008.