If its not yet time for Tiffany, Cartier, Harry Winston etc. but you still would like to do some jewelry shopping in NYC, then Kay Jewelers is an option. One cannot miss the suggestion of their advertisement line “every kiss begins with Kay”!
Kay Jewelers, the main brand of Sterling Jewelers Inc., has over 860 stores and is considered the number one jewelry store brand in the US by sales and number of stores. They have good collection of diamonds, precious stones (rubies, emeralds, topaz etc.) and watches (with brands like Bulova, Movado, Citizen etc.) as well as reasonably priced fashion jewelry.
The parent company is Signet Group Plc, a British specialty retail jeweler. In the U.S it operates under Kay Jewelers (the mall store brand) and Jared The Galleria of Jewelry (Off-mall superstore brand). It also has a number of regional stores – all mall based. All U.S operations are done through a subsidiary called Sterling Jewelers Inc. The group is known to be the largest specialty retail jeweler in the world. Sterling also operates under various regional names J.B. Robinson Jewelers, Belden Jewelers, Osterman Jewelers, Marks & Morgan Jewelers, Shaw’s Jewelers, Goodman Jewelers etc. In the U.K. Signet operates as H.Samuel (the numero uno specialty jeweler in the U.K.), Ernest Jones (U.K’s leading upper middle market jeweler and watch specialist) and Leslie Davis (upscale, with focus on fashion, carries premier watch brands including Omega, TAG Heuer, Armani, Dior, etc.)
Some of the Kay Jewelers stores in New York city and nearby include –
1) Newport Center, 30 Mall Dr. W., Jersey City, NJ 07310, Ph. 201-216-0002
2) 136 W. 34th St., New York, NY 10001, Ph. 212-594-1898
3) 446 Fulton St., Brooklyn, NY 11201, Ph. 718-222-5260
4) Staten Island Mall, 2655 Richmond Avenue Ste., Staten Island, NY 10314, Ph. 718- 370-0213
5) 90-15 Queens Blvd., Elmhurst, NY 11373, Ph. 718-271-2647
6) 5376 Kings Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11234, Ph. 718-859-5739
7) Jersey Gardens Mall, 651 Kapkowski Rd., Elizabeth, NJ 07201, Ph. 908-289-5369
Key Jewelers, NYC
New York City Shopping – 34th street, 6th to 7th Avenue ; New York City Shopping – 34th Street, 7th Ave. to 8th Ave. ; New York City Shopping – 34th St. 5th to 6th Ave. ; Manhattan Mall – Shopping in New York City