Continued from Part 4 –
Further from the Falls region, in the River region there are more attractions worth going to –
24) Devil’s Hole State Park : Located about 4 miles north of the Falls, on the Robert Moses Parkway, this is part of the Niagara Gorge Trail system. Hiking, fishing, picnicking and biking are the activities you can indulge in here. Restroom facilities are available here. It is whitewater fun!
25) DeVeaux Woods State Park: There are hiking trails, picnic and play grounds here. Also it has two baseball diamonds. It is connected to the Robert Moses Trail and Whirlpool State Park. Address of DeVeaux Park – 3180 DeVeaux Woods Dr., NY – 14305. Ph. 716-284-5778
26) Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours: This is located at Lewiston a few minutes drive from the American Falls side. In Ontario it is at Niagara-on-the-Lake. Wet Jet Tour (ages 6+) and Jet Dome Tour (dry; ages 4+) are available. These jet tours take you close to the whirlpool formed by the Niagara River. Prior reservations are required. Address – 115 South Water St., Lewiston, NY- 14092. Ph. 905-468-4800.
27) Artpark: It is a premier music and theatre centre. It has a 2400 seat Mainstage theatre, an outdoor amphitheatre (host to “Tuesday in the Park”), free concerts, picnic, hiking and fishing facilities. Artpark address – 450 South fourth St., Lewiston, NY – 14092. Box Office – 716-754-4375.
28) Niagara Power Vista – This is in Lewiston at the Niagara Power Project. The exhibitions on energy, electricity and displays are interactive.
29) Our Lady of Fatima Shrine – It is a glass domed basilica known for the life-size marble statues of saints. There are 130 of them. Worth a visit. Address – 1023 Swann Road, Lewiston, NY. Ph. 716-754-7489.
Continued in Niagara Attractions – Part 6 –